Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Big Orange - Los Angeles, California

Los Angeles, California is the second largest city in population after New York City. Unlike New York City, the weather in Los Angeles is always sunny and warmer. Although it was just the beginning of summer, but I already started to feel the hot sun so I always had a sunglasses on me. 

A typical scenery along the street in Los Angeles

It was me early in the morning taking my breakfast lolol... Still in a blurr state whil eating my hard bun (Don't know why the bun and bread is US tend to be harder). Thanks to Fatty catch my special expression of tam chiak + blurr face.


After finished our breakfast, then we headed to take Metro Rail Station (LRT for Malaysia and Subway for New York City) to the city, The Groove for shopping. Oookaaayy, so this is Fatty's MaMa taking photo for Fatty's Aunty while waiting for the train to come. They both were so excited here because Metro Rail Station is so much cleaner than the Subway system in New York City, most importantly, they have escalator here! Both of them were in culture shock when they first arrived in New York City because the Subway Station is so dark, dirty, smelly and without escalator. So all of us need to carry our 20++ kg of luggage and walked up and down by using stair case! Alright, I totally understood their shock-ness because I experienced the same when I first visited to New York City in year 2011. lol So both of them now cannot missed a chance to take down this "precious" and "touched" moment in the Metro Rail Station to show their children that there is escalator here! :p


One of the line to LA Downtown

Our first station in The Groove was Nordstorm because Fatty's Aunty wanted to buy some beauty products from Kiehl's. After searching around in The Groove, we don't manage to find the store location, till the time she almost give up, deng deng deng deng...Kiehl's just in front of her. So without any hesitation, we all followed her into the store and she took her own sweet time to see the products. It was an expensive products back in Malaysia, however it was so much cheaper in United State since it is the product of US. Talking about cheaper, of course Fatty's Aunty bought as many as possible here la, 2 bags for her own, 2 bags for her daughter, 2 bags for her son and husband (no?hahahaha..)

Kiehl's at The Groove which next to Nordstorm

Being me as always, I got the free sample to try out! The ladies in Kiehl'swas so generous in giving me various kind of cream to try. Too bad, the cream was too oily for me so I gave it for my mom. :p After spending half an hour here, we headed to Nordstorm which next to Kiehl's for shopping.


This shopping mall typically is not my style although I love shopping in Malaysia. Want to know why? I will show you why..

Jimmy Choo's heel

It was almost every girl's dream to get to own a pair of Jimmy Choo's heel but not me. Because the price can cost almost 6 months of my salary! Oh well, even I am rich enough to afford it, I guess I would rather spend the money to help the unfortunate (p/s: just my personal opinion, I am not a person who would go for branded stuff like this). 

Burberry bag in the price of USD!

I know I know..you want to say this is a normal price for a Burberry Bag, but I don't see the need that I need to carry such an expensive bag on my shoulder. Was once my student said " Instead of buying myself a Louis Vuitton, I would give myself another LV-Long Vacation". Indeed this is so true for me! Well, different people have different perspective of thinking, for me the branded bag only can upgrade your status, but not your knowledge and thinking, while a vacation let you see and explore a lot in this world.  

After accompanied Fatty's Aunty for shopping, we then went to The Cheesecake Factory!!! My all time favorite!!! Tehhheeee..

Us at a fountain before going in The Cheesecake Factory

You can't see any nice fountain here because the water "dance" too fast and by the time the cameraman snap the shot, the water already disappeared fml =.=

The outlook of Cheesecake Factory

The reception of the restaurant :)

Salivated! Various kind of cheesecake...slurrrppp

Cheese Vegetable Salad as our appetizer

American Cheesecake! Yummy to the max and the price definitely worth it!

We ended our day in LA by going around in Farmer's Market which is a very famous place in LA. They sell various kind of vegetables, fruits, seafood, solid foods, you name it! They sell everything here that you expect to find in a normal market, in fact their fruits and vegetables are so fresh and juicy!

Farmer's Market. The building next to it is World Market

Part of the view in Farmer's Market

My post gonna end with this old man who I adored. Although he is old but he can play a very nice song and sing very well. In fact, we should non-stop learning throughout our life. *Thumbs up to this talented old man, he is very friendly and kind*


 Till then, take care dudes!

XOXO,
BJY

No comments:

Post a Comment