Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Valley - State College, Pennsylvania

After spending a few days in New York City, we took Megabus back to State College, Pennsylvania where Fatty spent his 3 years of undergraduate study here. After 6 hours of journey from New York, finally we arrived in Happy Valley, the nickname for State College. You may google yourself why is it term as Happy Valley if you need more information. In short, State College was ranked as the third safest college town in United State.

The Megabus stopped at Walmart and after we took our luggage, Fatty decided to go Walmart to buy some daily necessities. This is the internal view of Walmart:


To save money, Fatty bought some vegetables and meats for our daily cooking so that we don't need to dine in restaurant for each meal. Cooking at home can actually help to save a lot! What I love about the life in State College is that I get to eat different types of fruits everyday such as peach, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and my most favorite fruit - cantaloupe! Cantaloupe is a very expensive fruit in Malaysia, so I was super excited that I get to eat Cantaloupe everyday! *Nyahahaha*

After done all the "aunty buying" in the market, so we took cab back to my second home sweet home at Waupelani Drive. Tadaaaaa, this is my home for 3 months:


So nice right? State College is very different from New York City, it is a peaceful and quiet place. I can't help but fell in love to this small town very quickly! Till now, it is still my ideal town for settle down after retirement. Although it was already summer, but the temperature is around 18-19 degree Celsius, I love this chilly weather. You may see these kind of greenish trees and grasses around the town, it is just simply beautiful, isn't?


The next day, Fatty started to bring me tour around the town that he used to be living. Well, there is no any attractive and tourist places like New York City, but I just love the simple life here. You may notice people walking the puppy every evening, children cycling around, playing balls, some families gardening and beautifying their gardens, planting flowers and vegetables, old couples holding hand strolling around, etc.

 The flower balls in front of somebody house

I really adored how the people here decorate their house

My fairy tale dream house

Tehheee..Can't help to post a lot with these houses

Okay, so you may ask me how I spent most of my time in this boring town right? Since it is just a small town for old people, for students, how I enjoy my life here?OMG, there is no big shopping mall like 1u, no LRT here that I can go to the city, no big night club here for party at the weekend, how am I going to survive here?! Sleep at 8pm and wake up at 6am like old people life? Nahh not at all, may be I've already tired with the congested traffic and the crowd in Kuala Lumpur, plus I don't party/clubbing, so this small town is really comfortable for living. Usually I would follow Fatty to his college, while he is doing his research I am watching my drama in the lounge. Inside the lounge consist of stove, fridge, sofa, tables, microwave, oven, and anything that it makes you feel like home.

This is me at Pennsylvania State University old building:



This is the life science building:


This greenish grass in the college that I used to sit here and enjoy the weather and people:


Sometimes Fatty would bring me for ice skating in their college, it is pretty cheap here which cost around $6-7. Since I was just beginner, Fatty always hold my hand and skate around. I tell you, even the small kids here can skate better than me, the old uncle and aunty skate faster than me! How shameful!! *dig a hole to put my face in*

This is us at the rink

Other day, both of us would just hold our hand hang around the farmer's market which located at the downtown. They sell very fresh flowers, goat milk, dairy milk, vegetables and fruits at low price which are all planted/produced by themselves.

Farmer's market at downtown

After the farmer's market, we went to eat Kiwi Yogurt:


Occasionally, we would go to Saint's Cafe which also located at downtown to enjoy our coffee and cheesecake:

Fatty with his favorite espresso

Me, with my favorite cheesecake

Ooohhh...I love my life in State College. It is simple, relax, and awesome! Most of all, Fatty is with me! Thank you, my love!

XOXO,
BJY

No comments:

Post a Comment