Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fatty's commencement 2012

After a short vacation to New York City, we took Megabus to State College! Awwwww...I miss State College the most since my last visit in year 2011. I miss the quiet small town, the breeze, beautiful flowers, greenish grasses, nice architecture of house, and relax lifestyle. Let me bring you back to the place that I love the most again!

My dream house

The green and clean grass that I love the most!

It was spring, the flowers blossom everywhere!

Crystal clear pond in Pennsylvania State University

The day before the commencement, both me and Fatty revisiting the past - Saint's Cafe in downtown, a small cafe that we both adore the most. 

The man ordering my favourite :)


I really enjoy the coffee and cheesecake there. Each sip of the hot coffee in the cold weather touched my heart. I was deeply touched and indeed I am blessed all these while as I still have chance to revisit places that I yearned the most. 

With Fatty's Mama. Aaawww I love the tulips!

After slacking around the small town, we back to Fatty's apartment to bath and dress up for the evening honors degree commencement. 

I love my Barbie's hair aka short hair with bangs. 

After we had done, we then went to Pennsylvania State University for Fatty's commencement. 

Entrance of the university

At first we thought we were early, but half way walking, Fatty's besties non-stop calling him as most graduates already entered the hall. We then rushed to the hall and find a seat while Fatty quickly wore up his graduation gown and report himself at the reception. 

Fatty, where are you??

Congratz to you nahh!! 

Fatty is one of the honors graduates with highest distinction! :O Why you so smart?

After the ceremony, of course is photo session time. Basically I was camera-lady that day, busy helping him take down as much nice photo as possible to remember the most precious moment in his life. Congratz to you again Fatty, I am so proud of you! You are wayyyyyy of too smart until I wondered what are the things that filled in your brain. Can you share with me your wisdom? Teeheeee....


The medal on Fatty's neck is the medal for honors graduate. In US, all university offer comes with an ordinary degree without honors. If you wish to get the honors degree, you have to register yourself to a supervisor during freshmen or sophomore year and start to do your research project. Mind you, I didn't know the IMPORTANCE of the word HONORS until I came across with my graduate studies. Normally, university will only accept students that have Honors degree (at least a year of research and write up thesis), Malaysian students, you are lucky because all our degree in university comes together with honors degree. 

L-R: Fatty Aunty, Fatty Mama, Fatty, Shorty

Fatty Papa wasn't able to go US with us as he still need to run his business. Anyway, Fatty you know your Papa loves you and proud of you! 

Fatty besties who also honors graduates

After about half an hour, Fatty's research supervisor, Prof. Maria and her husband came to school and drive us to her house for celebration. So friendly and nice huh... She even prepared many delicious food for us including traditional Russian food, pizza, cake, and she also made some efforts to cook Malaysia curry! *so touch!!* 

Maria's house along Waupelani Drive (p/s: she prefers us not to call her Prof.)

Her house is very huge and beautiful, very typical nice house that we watched from movie. While Fatty talking to Maria at a side, Fatty Mama and Fatty Aunty non stop taking photos there as they too amazed with the huge house!lol

Appetizer

Traditional Russian Pizza

Yummy curry chicken with nasi kunyit

Cake as dessert :)

It was a blessed that I can visit to US especially State College for 2 consecutive years. State College (it is a town name, not a college name =.=) indeed the best place to stay, I hope I still have chance to come back to this awesome place someday in future again! 

Gonna end this post by spamming you guys a few more photos in State College! :)

Sakura? Not really, I also don't know what is the flower name. 

Flowers in the university

White and Pink tulips! 

Flowers blossom in spring, I hope spring bring a new hope to everyone of you!

Stay tuned for my next post in California! 

XOXO,
BJY

No comments:

Post a Comment