Monday, August 19, 2013

The Big Apple

Way back in June 2011, the month right after I graduated from my first degree, I was so lucky that I was able to visit United State, where Fatty pursued his undergraduate program in Pennsylvania. Due to money constraint, I had never ever dare to dream that I would have a chance to go US at this young age, but being so blessed all these while, Fatty sponsored all my expenses including accommodation and transportation! @.@

Since I never take flight alone, especially the long journey flight, Fatty was so worried that I will get lost somewhere in transit, so he decided to fly back from US and then take the flight with me to New York, how sweet right?! *thank you darling*

I still vividly remembered the night before going for my 3 months graduation vacation, I was too excited until I can't sleep. How can I not excited?Before this, I had never travel so far and for so long period of time! Other than Korea, Thailand, and Singapore, I never been to other counties. I always have a thought that I must have done something good in my last life so I deserve Fatty and everything he brought into my life.

After 22 hours of long flight with Cathay Pacific, finally we arrived in John F. Kennedy International Airport! New York City? Place where Gossip Girls filmed here? Place where the most happening for Serena and Blair? Am I dreaming now? If yes, please continue the dream, I don't want to wake up! After I tried to pinch myself, ouuchh! Yes, I am in New York City now! After we checked in into Holiday Inn Hotel which located at Brooklyn, it was 2am at the local time. God knows I am super duper jet lagged!! I can't sleep and was so excited, so the end I decided to MSN and webcam with mom. Awwww...how I miss my mom, I never been apart with her for this long distance and it is gonna for few months! *tears rolling down my face*

After taking a rest and getting dress up, our first station is Empire State Building.
This is the entrance fees to Empire State Building in 2011:


Ookay, after purchase the tickets and snapped a few photos, we can't wait to get up to the top of Empire State Building. After we got out from the elevator, we were stopped by the security and she said "continue if you want to see clouds, the visibility is less than 10m." Since we were already there, without any hesitation, Fatty replied her "Yes, I wanna see clouds" -__________-

I guess I am just too lucky, after 10 minutes on top of the building, the visibility just back to the normal and here you see, part of the view of New York City!


Although it was late spring in US, however it was extremely cold with bursts of wind, the temperature was around 12-13 degree at that moment. After enjoying the awesome scene of the city, Fatty brought me to Times Square.


You can find any branded stuffs here - Prada, Coach, Channel, Bobbi Brown, ZARA and blaa blaa, you name it! Since it was a summer sales, the place was crowded with people - people mountain people sea (as derived from Chinese Idiom, means many people). It was drizzling in the city, but my mood was not affected by it, I enjoyed the chilly weather and lingering around the crowd.


Then we headed to Canal Street where people term it as China Town.


Here, you may find any Chinese Foods and stuffs such as jade bracelets,earrings, I LOVE NEW YORK T-shirt, Cheongsam, etc.

Me and Fatty at Brooklyn Bridge:


The most unforgettable experience for me in New York. Why? Because we walked from Manhattan to Brooklyn via Brooklyn Bridge and we lost somewhere in Brooklyn! We can't find our way back to our hotel fml. I was so cold, tired, and hungry. So Fatty just hopped in a restaurant and bought a slice of pizza. We both shared the big size of pizza while continue searching our direction. Although it was tired and me always being the dramatic queen, I thought I was going to starve dying in New York and forever stuck in Dumbo Street (Dan's house in Gossip Girls). After 4 hours, finally we found our hotel!! Although I was tired, but this is the sweetest memory of me n Fatty, we just walked through different streets, explore the places in Manhattan and Brooklyn, from here I learnt to trust Fatty that he could protect me and bring me back safely. *Love you Fatty*

The next day, we woke up early in the morning again because we were still jet lagged. Then, we visited Statue of Liberty:


The scene of New York City from the island:


Fatty was so kind enough to encircle me with his scarf which I knitted for him as a Christmas present in 2010.


After spending an hour on the island, we then took cruise back to Manhattan and hang around the city. See this?


This place was the incident of 911. Now they are rebuilding the World Trade Center.

Lastly, Fatty decided to bring me to this cafe to try their espresso since the online review is good - Gimme Coffee:


The espresso:


The coffee is awesome here, it is located somewhere in Brooklyn and surrounded by housing area. The place is not easy to notice, but the coffee and the service - thumbs up!

Till then, take care!

XOXO,
BJY

No comments:

Post a Comment